Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RB merger with "ULA" and "BUP"

5 posters

Go down

RB merger with "ULA" and "BUP" Empty RB merger with "ULA" and "BUP"

Post by Oboacer January 26th 2012, 03:40

Hello RB Members,

Now before this idea is shot down I wanted to propose this as a way of consolidating RB as the dominate party in eBelgium and also as a way to prevent PTO's from taking place in the future by reducing the number of parties in your nation.

The proposal that I would like RB to consider is either actively or through "quiet measures" having the remnants of the United Left Alliance and Belgium United Party unite into Res Belgica.

Now you may ask what the rationale for this is so here me out.

United Left Alliance
Now the ULA has historically been a major party in eBelgium but it has now reached a point where I believe its obituary is being written and RB can help to put this great party to rest.

I would recommend PMing the remaining four members and offering them membership in RB. You can sell this by noting how active RB is, the potential for them to actually run in Congress and that under RB they need not worry about a PTO.

This will not be underhanded and it could show that RB is working hard to prevent a repeat of past PTO issues. This will boost your membership and ensure your party has some breathing room in the top-five.

Belgium United Party
This one will be a little more tricky as it still has some life, not much, left in it. I would recommend a formal message to the PP (and the only candidate running for PP) about a possible merge of the BUP into RB.

If this is rebuffed or simply not acknowledged we move onto stage 2. This entails messaging the individual members and offering them a home in RB. Try to sell it like they can be active and have a real chance to run for office or something in RB.

Outcomes
The real push behind this is to show that RB is active, that it wants to remain the largest party and to help weed out the minor parties that are prime PTO targets in your nation.

RB can easily position itself as a major party and one dedicated to seeing off any PTO threat in the future by offering a home to those minor party members.

Just some advice,

Cheers,
Oboacer
Oboacer
Oboacer
Forum Trainee
Forum Trainee

Back to top Go down

RB merger with "ULA" and "BUP" Empty Re: RB merger with "ULA" and "BUP"

Post by Oboacer January 26th 2012, 03:55

Take a gander everyone!
Oboacer
Oboacer
Forum Trainee
Forum Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudduck95 January 26th 2012, 03:57

I like the idea. I am not sure about the BUP party because I have messaged them before. And I think that they are active but just as two-clickers. Though ULA is a different story I think that they may be a little potential there.
Mudduck95
Mudduck95
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryamQ January 26th 2012, 04:04

I would agree that ULA has more potential. ULA actually is not that old a party in eBelgium. It was started from the old BCP party as a reaction to party conflicts when RB was kind of straying off its traditional path. Most of the people that were involved in forming it are no longer in eBelgium. I think the only person who still goes there for the old values is NLSP, and he had to leave it to run for Congress. BUP, on the other had, really has not been part of the mainstream and does not appear to care about that.
MaryamQ
MaryamQ
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudduck95 January 26th 2012, 04:08

Yes and ULA seems to be the party that all the PTOers go too. Even though we are trying to control that more now it will still help to get them out of here.
Mudduck95
Mudduck95
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Oboacer January 26th 2012, 17:12

So I would suggest that either Mudduck or possible both Mudduck and another senior RB member message the ULA membership and ask that they join RB.
Oboacer
Oboacer
Forum Trainee
Forum Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Helviro January 26th 2012, 17:33

I'm willing to do this, since I was in the ULA some time, after as stated above RB was alienated from its former beliefs
Helviro
Helviro
Forum God
Forum God

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudduck95 January 26th 2012, 18:37

Helviro, that would be great! Thank you! I will message them soon. I have a lot of RL stuff and erep stuff to do. Thanks
Mudduck95
Mudduck95
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Oboacer January 27th 2012, 02:07

Good work everyone! I would recommend posting any replies on this thread, so that the RB can get an understanding on how their party members are feeling and how they reacted to the proposed merger idea.
Oboacer
Oboacer
Forum Trainee
Forum Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudduck95 January 27th 2012, 03:09

Sounds good.
Mudduck95
Mudduck95
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Oboacer January 29th 2012, 19:41

Any movement on this file?
Oboacer
Oboacer
Forum Trainee
Forum Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by NLSP January 29th 2012, 20:53

I did not get any pm, but still I joined RB ^^
NLSP
NLSP
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Oboacer January 30th 2012, 00:46

Thanks for doing that NLSP! I had hoped that Mudduck would take that on but he is likely busy right now.

But you might be able to do a favour for the party, would you be willing to message the remaining ULA members, kind of say your old role in the party and why joining the RB would be good?

Cheers,
Obo
Oboacer
Oboacer
Forum Trainee
Forum Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by NLSP January 30th 2012, 05:41

The other people in ULA are not active at all ...
I would have no extra influence and to be honest, I would not like the party to die Sad
NLSP
NLSP
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Oboacer January 31st 2012, 23:57

I can understand your attachment to the party mate, it was something special but times change and sometimes it can be for the best.

However, I won't ask you to push that as I understand the sentimental feelings it holds.
Oboacer
Oboacer
Forum Trainee
Forum Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudduck95 February 2nd 2012, 01:11

Yes Oboacer you are right. I was busy. I was snowboarding for a few days and was not able to get on the computer. But I am back and will be working on this.
Mudduck95
Mudduck95
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum